NEW RELEASE - 10TH APRIL 2015
We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes: En Español AQUI
1. 8 Tractor Tracks, 1 Train Tunnel and additional Train Bridge straight parts without support.
2. Farm 26: See prices below:
12x12 - 7000000000 coins or 50 FarmCash (New Farm)
14x14 - 7500000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
16x16 - 8000000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
18x18 - 8500000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
20x20 - 9000000000 coins or 20 FarmCash
22x22 - 9500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
3. New Facility Manager filter: You can now filter and show only the 'Non-Workable by Friends' Facilities like the Truck, Mines, etc, when you do this the Start All will only start production on those facilities.
4. Better feedback when using the Start Batch / +10 / +30 / All buttons in Facilities: The feedback text stays in place and is easier to see what you have produced so far. Also, when you fill the product to capacity there is no message box anymore.
5. Belt and Dans for the next 10 Facilities: Farm Buildings Factory, Beekeeping Supplies Factory, Restroom Supplies Factory, Pool Supplies Factory, Healthy Juice Stand, Honey Derivatives Factory, Dental Supplies Factory, Laundry Supplies Factory, Tropical Shakes Stand and Peruvian Restaurant.
6. Transplanter 16 x 16 (FC): Transplant up to 256 plants at once.
7. Bulldozer 12 x 12 (FC): Delete up to 144 plants at once.
8. Market Improvements:
- When you receive a Hire Request you can now see for how many farms you are been hired for and if your Employer is sharing the tools and/or the fuel.
- When you receive a Hire Request if you don't respond in 30 seconds the request will disappear. Later on we will add a countdown so you know how much time you have to accept the request.
- When your employee arrives at your farm, we will include the Farm Name in the notification.
- When your employee receive a Job Completion Bonus we will send you a notification so you know the job was fully completed on that farm.
- In the Market the Sell Price in Coins now show commas (,) to make it easier to read.
- In the Market there is now a Total Value on the top for everything that is currently been displayed, this number change as you change filters or categories.
9. Grass with Guidelines (FC): This is a ground cover located in the Ground/Paths category, is the same as the green default grass but with red lines on top which should help designers align items much easier.
The First Time purchase price is 35 FC, and after that is only 100 coins, like the rest of the ground covers.
10. Facebook Upgrade: We have finished the work required to comply with new facebook policies, most of the changes were transparent to the user but some did impact some functionality on the game:
a) Facebook do not allow access to your 'Facebook Friend Lists' anymore, to compensate for that we have added a new filter 'Recently Sent To' in the 'Farmer Lists' section, so when you are sending gifts that filter will show you all the friends that you have sent gifts in the past few days. The same happens when you are sending Train Boost requests.
b) The capability provided by Facebook to read your Home Feed to retrieve the Farm Town posts made by your friends is very unstable, we have completed a work around that should be working much better. Still, we anticipate that in the future this may break again and we will have to find another workaround.
c) Facebook limited the amount of friends to show on a Request window to 1000, so if you have more than 1000 friends with the Farmtown game installed you may not find all your friends when using the 'All Farmers' filter, see more information at the end of this post in the Post Release Updates section.
11. Other Improvements:
- More robust system when purchasing farm cash
- When sending Farm Cash Facilities, Tools or Trains as gifts to friends you will receive a warning if your friend already had it. In the case of the Tools, the warning only works if your friend had it in the Item Storage.
- When fishing, instead of the % Grown you will see exactly how long will it take for the fish to grow
- The Search tool is now available when visiting/working other people farms, the only difference is that it will only search the items in the farm not the storage, for privacy reasons.
- When using the Hide Tool (the closed Eye in the extended tool box) you can now see the item names when you mouse over them. Also, you can now hide any type of fields as well.
- Remove the pop up when storing Super Animals
- Farm Selector now shows the size of the farm when visiting others
- Some users will experience an increase in their Gift Box size as we are now only storing the first 15 chars of the sender's name.
- Bug Fix: When you unload a train you don't have to refresh the game for the product to show up in storage
- Bug Fix: 'Duplicate' button sometimes appearing incorrectly in the Store for the Semi-Trailer Truck
- Bug Fix: When visiting others the quest icon on the top was showing the farm owner Quest Managers instead of the current playing user Quest Managers
- Bug Fix: Invite tab is now working for Spanish and French users
12. 4 New crops and trees: Chia (6 days), Leek (1 hour), Hazelnuts (2 days) and Brazil Nuts (3 days). The Blue Agave crop can now be used in facilities.
The Hazelnuts Tree is available as gift only.
13. Vegan Supplies Factory (FC): Produces Vegan Supplies.
Vegan Instant Food
Vegan Instant Noodles
New Products from other Facilities:
Agave Syrup produced in the Syrup Factory and the Flaxseed Meal produced in the Watermill.
14. Library Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Library Supplies.
DVD Storage Cabinet
Book Return Box
Fantasy Section Label
Alphabet Label Set
15. Vegan Market (FC): Provides Food Retail Services for Vegans and can be stocked with products from the Vegan Supplies Factory.
16. Library (Coins): Provides Book Reference and Borrowing Services and can be stocked with products from the Library Supplies Factory.
Post Release Updates - April 11th, 3:00AM EST
- I mentioned on point #5 that we had released Dan 7 for those facilities, this was incorrect, it should be just the regular Belts and Dans for those facilities.
Post Release Updates - April 12th, 11:00PM EST
- Issues sending gifts and boosting trains should now be solved, please report if this is not the case for you.
Post Release Updates - April 13th, 8:30PM EST
- We just found out that there is another limitation introduced by Facebook that limit the amount of friends that can be shown on the Request Window to 1000, so players with more than 1000 Farmtown friends (these are friends with the Farmtown game installed) were still experiencing the never ending loading screen (the 3 animated vertical bars).
We changed the 'All Farmers' filter to show only the first 1000 friends so at least the window loads correctly and you can use the rest of the options like My Neighbours, Recently Sent To and Friends Helping Me.
If you still want to use the 'All Farmers' filter, we recommend that you do a clean up in Facebook and un-friend all your Farmtown friends that you do not interact with anymore, this way you will end up with less than 1000 Farmtown friends which is fine. In the next few hours we will release another update that will notify those users that have more than 1000 Farmtown friends and will show exactly how many Farmtown friends you have, so you know how many you need to remove.
If you don't want to do the clean up because is too time consuming and you are searching for a specific friend that you can't find using any of the other filters, you can use the ‘Suggested By Facebook’ section and then manually search for the name of your friend. You will have to type the name of your friend on the search bar which is located next to the 'All Friends' filter button.
Post Release Updates - April 14th, 6:20PM EST
- The Eye preferences including the radio buttons 'Dimmed and On' and 'Hidden and On' are now working as usual. This issue may have caused that sometimes the Non-Workable by Friends filter in the facility manager didn't work correctly either.
- When you receive a hire request, there is a countdown on the last line that indicates how many seconds until the request expires.
Post Release Updates - April 15th, 6:20AM EST
- New Facilities, Crops and Trees released.
- Added rotation capability for several trees in the Store, if I missed any trees please report it.
Post Release Updates - April 15th, 8:00PM EST
- The Hazelnut Tree should now always appear in the gift section.
- New facilities will stay filled after a refresh, please report if this is not the case.
Post Release Updates - April 16th, 4:00AM EST
- Products from the Reading Accessories Factory are now used on the following service facilities:
a) Tablet Holder, Book Ends, Reading Magnifier and Page Nibs in the Library
b) Cookbook Holder, Book Weight, Reading Support Pillow and Reading Pen in the Bookstore
Post Release Updates - April 17th, 8:00PM EST
- We just found out that the issue "The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." was actually due to a hardware issue on our side, not facebook, we just fixed the problem.
Post Release Updates - April 20th, 8:30PM EST
- Issues with quests involving the Egg Replacer and the Book Return Box are now fixed.
Post Release Updates - April 28th, 7:45PM EST
- 14 Mother's Day items released, 4 as gifts, 5 at the top and 5 at the bottom of the Mother's Day category in the Store.